Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Jerome Williams, Our Hero


By the mid-1990s, my wife Cheryl and I had a baby son, Cal, who absolutely positively hated his car seat.  HATED it. Just about any trip, be it five minutes or five hours, Cal would be screaming his lungs out from the backseat.  Cheryl and I didn’t know what to do or where to turn. It was a miserable existence.  Until one day we found…

Jerome Williams, a cappella singer.

His soulful voice, pouring out of our Volkswagen cassette player, took the cry right out of Cal.

…You Are The Song That I Sing…
…I Want To Be Where You Are…
…God Is So Good…

When other families told us about their screaming babies, we’d always say, “You gotta try Jerome.”

We lost the cassette and now have the CD.  (You can borrow it sometime, if you need it.)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Mike. I'm enjoying the blog - I have mostly fond memories of growing up "Church of Christ" in the 70's and 80's in the south, and mostly fond memories of your Dad at Harding in the late 80's and early 90's. Thanks for sharing your memories and reminding me of my own. God's blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Patrick. Thanks for the note. Sounds like we might have been at Harding at about the same time. Mostly fond memories ... me too, brother. Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete