Sunday, March 23, 2014

Ed's TED talk



I didn’t really know Ed Madden in college.  He was a senior and I was a freshman.  We ran in different social circles.  I’m not sure we ever had a conversation.

What a shame.

Luckily, through the power of Facebook, I’ve had another chance to get acquainted with Ed (an associate professor of English at the University of South Carolina).  He strikes me as someone who’s open and honest … just the kind of person I like.

Recently, Ed shared with me a link to a TEDx talk he gave in Columbia, SC.  It’s the story of a son taking care of his terminally ill father.  It’s about second chances … and much more.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so honored to call Eddie a friend. He's been a huge encouragement and support to me through the years. I don't know if I've always been good to him, but I hope I've been more light than dark.

    I love Eddie Madden. End of story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was marvelous. Thanks for posting it. Don't know what else to say.

    ReplyDelete